66 percent of small business owners find it difficult to take vacation days. As a business owner, it is important to take some time off from the business itself. Time off will lead to a better outlook, resulting in more production for a business. Take these tips mentioned below to guide you through a stress-free vacation.
Before leaving on vacation:
You should plan to take care of a few things involving payments, extra hours and unfinished projects before leaving on your vacation. It important to keep tasks organized to ensure that your business will run smoothly while you are gone.
- Choose a trusted employee to manage and oversee making decisions.
- Block out your calendar beforehand to avoid scheduling meetings and calls during your vacation days.
- Clarify expectations and responsibilities with your employees.
- Leave a list of emergency phone numbers.
- Log in an extra hour or two every day for a week to make up for your time away
During your vacation:
Trying to completely disconnect from your business may be difficult during your time away. It is important to remember that this is your time to relax and be worry-free. If you are having a hard time fully disconnecting, here are a few things you can do:
- Try to avoid phone calls. Texting can be used to check up on your employees.
- If you feel the need to work during vacation, work before or after business hours to minimize interaction.
- Go completely mobile. A smartphone or tablet is a great and easy device to use for a vacation.
- Trust the employee you left in charge. Avoid temptation of checking up on the business too often. Remember that your employees are aware of their tasks and responsibilities.
After your vacation:
Once you are back from your vacation you should be able to catch up with your employees to see what you’ve missed. You should reward your employees for keeping the business in place during your time away.
- Show your staff how appreciative you are for them working through your absence.
- Give yourself a week back at work before booking meetings, keeping your calendar clear will help you catch up with your business without any distractions.
Business owners who take a vacation at least once a year are happier and healthier. They are more likely to strive and achieve their business goals. Setting personal time aside can lead to a better success for your company!